FAQ GEM Registeration
Please follow following steps to reset your password on GeM portal:
1. Kindly visit https://gem.gov.in/ and click on Login,
2. Click on "Forgot your Password" link,
3. Enter your User Id, kindly note that User Id is case sensitive,
4. Type the Characters displayed in the captcha box, press SUBMIT,
5. An E-mail will be sent to your registered E-mail ID with link to Reset password,
6. Click on Reset Link in your E-mail, and Enter new password and confirm the same, Press SUBMIT.
Kindly note that your Password must be of 8-20 characters- 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, number, and a special character.
Below five Parameters as defined in the Vendor Rating Policy.
1. Reliability of the Seller/Service Provider
2. Quality of the Delivery
3. Coverage of the Products in GeM Marketplace
4. Timely Delivery of Products/Services
5. Incident History
To know more, please refer the vendor rating document available on GeM under 'Resources->Sellers/service providers'
As an OEM on GeM, you can initiate Vendor Assessment from your account profile by furnishing required information with respect to Vendor Assessment. This information would be collected through an online form and upon successful submission;
1. Vendor Assessment agency would be assigned for the process.
2. Any requirement for additional documents will be intimated directly by this agency. The required additional documents will be made available on the link provided in the e-mail sent to the vendors. Any updation or change in the status of the information validated at the time of registration or third party assessment shall be enabled for updation by the vendor from time to time with online validation wherever possible.
Vendor Assessment exempted below categories are:
1. OEMs having annual turnover of Rs. 500 Crore or more.
2. Central / State PSUs.
3. Vendors of Stationery items (except paper) where average volume of transactions on GeM for the last three years is less than Rs. 20 lakh.
4. KVIC, ACASH, WDO, Coir Board, TRIFED.
5. OEMs who are registered with NSIC (for the category for which registration was obtained)
6. OEMs holding BIS License for the particular product category which are validated through BIS database.
7. Micro and Small Enterprises registered with District Industry Centre (DIC) for the particular product category whose credentials are validated through DIC database.
8. ZED Certified Sellers
For verification as an OEM,
1. login into GeM, go to My Account → OEM Panel.
2. Under “Request OEM Authority for Brand” select your category and Brand.
3. Upload relevant documents (Brand Ownership\Trademark documents), and click on Create Request.
4. GeM team will verify the request and if validated, you will be granted OEM rights for the brand in the selected category.
A primary seller needs to follow the given steps for creating secondary users:
1. Login to account and click on My Team
2. Click on Add secondary user
3. Enter email id of the person you have selected as a secondary user
4. Assign roles to the user such as Participate Bid/RA, Manage Order Fulfillment, Manage Catalogue etc.
5. Click on Add User
Follow the steps to activate a secondary user are:
1. Click on the activation link sent to the secondary user's mail id.
2. Click on the "Verify me Now" link and provide Aadhaar number and mobile number linked with the Aadhaar number
3. Verify Aadhaar by clicking on "Verify Aadhaar"
4. Create a user id and password and click on "Create Account"
As an OEM of your product,
1. Please send supporting documents that you are an OEM to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the subject line "Brand OEM Documents".
2. The email should mention details and include documents such as registered organization name, brand name(s), GeM product categories and brand ownership documents such as trademark and vendor assesment report.
3. Also required to enter other information like SKU and HSN in the system.
Please complete your seller profile, kindly see some important checks that have to be green-
1. Active bank accounts should be there.
2. Office locations should be there.
3. Tax Assessment details should be there for last 3 financial year.
4. If the seller registered himself as a company, then CIN, directors info has to be there.
5. Seller has to be vendor assessed or exempted from vendor assessment.